Some traditions are best kept alive. At ATCO, we keep our founder’s legacy at the core of our beliefs — going beyond the call of duty and striving for high standards. To get there, we empower our people to do their best by supporting their health and wellness and drive to learn more.
- Purchased Additional Annual Leave
- Income Protection
- Journey Insurance
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Salary Sacrifice options
- Bursary Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Service Recognition and Retirement program
- Employees Participating in Communities (EPIC)
- Annual Flu Vaccinations
- Discounted Products
Learning and Development
We value the talent and initiative that our employees bring to ATCO Australia and strongly support our employees’ desire to learn, develop and grow throughout their careers.
- Education Assistance and Study Leave
- Reimbursement of Professional Memberships
- Strategic and Frontline Leadership Training
- Interstate and International Intercompany Transfers and Secondments
As an organisation, in order for us to live up to our vision, we have seven key values that all ATCO Australia employees live by.
- INTEGRITY – we are honest and ethical, and treat others with fairness, dignity and respect.
- TRANSPARENCY – we are clear about our intentions and communicate openly.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP – we are creative, innovative and take a measured approach to opportunities, balanced with a long term perspective.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – we make good decisions, take personal ownership of tasks, are responsible for our actions, and deliver on our commitments.
- COLLABORATION – we work together, share ideas, and recognise the contribution to others.
- PERSEVERANCE – we persevere in the face of adversity with courage, a positive attitude, and a fierce determination to succeed.
- CARING – we care about the safety and wellbeing of our consumers, our employees and their families, our communities, and the environment.
A career at ATCO is rewarded with opportunities and competitive benefits, while working with great people from a diverse range of backgrounds. A career with ATCO can be as varied and diverse as you choose.
ATCO offers exceptional opportunities for new graduates, experienced professionals, trades people and field personnel. We employ engineers, accountants, meter readers and gas fitters, to name a few of the many positions available within ATCO.
The opportunity provided by ATCO’s nine principal operating companies allows you to maximize your career across our wide ranging operations.
ATCO EPIC: Employees Participating in Communities
The ATCO EPIC program is an employee-led initiative where committees plan, implement and administer workplace fundraising campaigns.
ATCO EPIC recognises employees who volunteer their time and assist charitable and not-for-profit organisations. Every year, employees volunteering 50 hours or more are eligible to apply to receive a donation to a registered charity of their choice.
Employees can also donate to the charity of their choice, giving them the opportunity to make a difference in their own community.
Application and Hiring Steps
Create your profile
When applying on a job, you will be prompted to sign in. Click on “New User” and create your on-line profile. You will be asked to complete all required fields and to upload your resume.
Apply for a position
Once you've created your profile, you are now ready to apply to the positions that best fit your qualifications. Depending on the position you're applying for, you may be asked to answer initial online qualification questions that will give us information about your availability, skills and experience. After you apply to a position, we will notify you with an email to confirm that we have received your resume.
Pre-screen phone interview
A member of the ATCO team will review your application. Qualified candidates may be selected for initial phone pre-screen interviews.
Formal in-person interview
If your skills and experience are a potential match for the position, an in person formal interview will be scheduled. If it is determined that this position is not a fit, you will be notified. Occasionally, a 2nd interview may be requested.
You may be requested to provide 1-2 references of previous (or current) supervisors.
If you are the selected candidate for the position, the hiring manager and/or recruiter will contact you extend you with a verbal offer. They will follow-up with a written conditional offer letter, which will include details about your compensation package and will provide a benefits summary to help you make an informed decision.
ATCO will conduct pre-employment checks that may include a criminal record check, as well as verification of education and applicable designations. For safety-sensitive positions, a pre-employment alcohol & drug test and/or fit work for test will also be conducted.