ATCO and the ENVIRONMENT
As a provider of modular housing solutions and energy infrastructure such as pipelines, transmission lines, and power plants, many of our facilities are built to operate for decades. The long-term nature of our operations underscores the importance of delivering service excellence in a sustainable and environmentally responsible manner. This includes designing and developing forward-thinking, innovative environmental solutions and applications for ourselves and our customers through a lasting, collaborative approach.
We include environmental considerations in every project, from project planning to operation, maintenance, and decommissioning. Our operating divisions develop and maintain management systems that include environmental practices, procedures, responsibilities, and requirements to limit operational impacts. Our distinct businesses also share learnings and best practices to improve our overall performance.
As part of our commitment to the communities we serve, we highly value the environment we operate in and aim to minimise any impact in the course of maintaining and expanding our network.
In Karratha, Western Australia, ATCO built, owns and operates one of the most energy efficient power generating plants in the region.
ATCO Gas was awarded the Golden Gecko certificate of merit for their work on the Mandurah Gas Lateral Project. The Project was executed with an extremely high level of environmental conservation and management to minimise impact on the wildlife and vegetation.
We commit to delivering service excellence and innovative business solutions in a responsible manner by:
- Minimizing and mitigating environmental impacts and continuously improving environmental performance
- Using resources and energy efficiently by incorporating environmental considerations into planning, implementation, operations and maintenance of our business activities
- Developing clean, efficient and effective solutions including renewable energy, heat recovery, energy storage and grid connections
- Continually monitoring, managing and reporting on environmental performance
- Managing climate-related risks and opportunities