BEYOND THE TRADITIONAL WIRES
A part of ATCO’s core vision is to improve the lives of our customers by delivering inspired energy solutions for a better world. From imaginative application of solar and natural gas technologies to prefabricated buildings for remote communities, ATCO strives to foster a future with sustainable opportunities for this generation and those to follow. Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) lie at the heart of bringing this vision to reality. DERs are electricity generation units located within the electric distribution system. They offer the broadest range of technologies that can generate and provide power to the user outside of the traditional grid. ATCO has extensive experience in planning and implementing advanced applications of distributed generation, energy storage, demand response and microgrid applications.
THE ATCO ADVANTAGE
- With decades of experience as a generator, owner and operator, a DFO (Distribution Facility Owner) and TFO (Transmission Facility Owner), ATCO’s in-depth knowledge and expertise in working with the AESO and AUCs processes, requirements and roadmap will help us confidently bring your DER project’s vision to life.
- ATCO offers globally recognized expertise in automation, DER and microgrid integration – and an owner’s perspective to lifecycle and asset management. From solar, wind, hydro, cogeneration, combined heat & power and distribution grid generation, we provide comprehensive services from consulting to front end engineering design, construction, training & operations.
- Perhaps most importantly, ATCO understands the imperative of fostering strong, mutually beneficial partnerships with remote communities looking to achieve energy independence, such as the many Indigenous communities whose lands we often conduct our business and who we are privileged to serve.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our DER solutions span any combination of the following technologies and services:
- Feasibility studies
- Lifecycle & asset automation
- Renewables - solar, wind, hydro
- DER and microgrid integration
- Ground-mount and rooftop solar PV
- Diesel reduction battery energy storage systems
- Combined heat & power (CHP) and cogeneration
- Micro combined heat & power (mCHP)
- Electric vehicles (EVs)