ATCOenergy stands behind your business, and this page is dedicated to supporting our business customers and the greater Alberta business community during these challenging times. And these days, that means less talking and more listening. As your business adapts and innovates, we're here to help.
- The Business Resilience Service (BRS). Connect with experienced business advisors from across Canada for guidance on which government relief programs will be most appropriate to support your small- to medium-sized business.
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA). Landlords without mortgages are ineligible. The government provides 50% of rent if eligible, tenant pays 25% and landlord forgoes 25%.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS). Subsidy supporting employers cover 75% of wages – up to $847/week, who have suffered a drop in gross revenues of at least 15% in March, and 30% in April.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB). $2,000 per week every 4 weeks, up to 16 weeks, for eligible workers.
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA). $40,000 interest-free loan for small business and not-for-profits, repaying the loan before Dec 31, 2022 has loan forgiveness of 25%, up to $10,000.
- Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB). Supports students not eligible for CERB or EI, $1,250/mo. ($1,750 w/dependents) from May - August 2020.
- Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP) – expanded program provides additional credit support:
- Work Sharing (WS). A third-party agreement involving employers, employees and Service Canada to help avoid layoffs, with a temporarily reduced work week.
- Small and Medium Enterprise Relaunch Grant. Financial assistance to Alberta businesses, cooperatives, and non-profit organizations that were ordered to close or curtail operations as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- WCB Premium Payment Deferral. Employers can defer WCB premium payments until 2021.
- Tourism Levy Deferral. Hotels and other lodging providers can delay paying the tourism levy until August 31/20, due to government, on or after March 27/20.
- Small Business Advice. Free support. Call, email or check out their website.
- Corporate Income Tax Change. Balances and instalment payments due between Mar 18 – Aug 31 are deferred until August 31, 2020.
- Education Property Tax Deferral. Will be frozen at last year’s level, reversing the 3.4% population and inflation increases.
- Government of Alberta: Actions to protect Albertans and prevent the spread of novel coronavirus
- Alberta Health Services COVID-19 Information
- Wellness Together Canada: Mental Health and Substance Use Support
Webinars & Videos
Watch webinars and videos featuring experts sharing practical tips and insights to help you navigate a successful return to business.