CLEAN, INNOVATIVE, SUSTAINABLE ENERGY SOLUTIONS
Understanding the long-term benefits of innovative, green solutions, ATCO has invested in alternative and renewable energy solutions for 30 years. We have studied, piloted and commercialized projects with renewable natural gas, solar, hydro, wind and geothermal technologies. Within our utilities business, we believe natural gas will be a part of the energy mix for low carbon homes and buildings. We also continue to innovate with renewables and green solutions throughout the energy value chain.
From a renewable electricity perspective, we offer a wide range of customized solar solutions that deliver reliable and clean energy right to your door. Our focus is on “right-sizing” your solar project to meet your objectives, balancing maximum solar production with payback optimization. We are keenly aware of the need to optimize total lifecycle costs and save our customers money in the long term while reducing their carbon footprints.
THE ATCO ADVANTAGE
- Our broad range of solar, natural gas and electrical project expertise encourages a holistic approach to developing renewables now and into the future. Our commitment to sustainability extends beyond the materials we choose; its about how we solve challenges in a way that benefits you, the environment and the communities we live in.
- ATCO as an owner and operator, understands the challenges associated with these projects —such as interconnecting facilities and minimizing issues like power loss while meeting applicable codes, regulatory standards, and utility requirements.
- We are exploring options for incorporating natural gas via renewable sources into our pipeline systems and creating renewable natural gas from wood waste, which emits up to 85% fewer GHG emissions.
- With backgrounds in power system and pipeline planning, our solar, natural gas and renewables specialists know what it takes to interconnect solar farms of all sizes to the grid and demonstrate how natural gas can be part of a low carbon future. Our knowledge of system-wide integration requirements ensures that owners end up with solutions uniquely tailored for the security, integrity and reliability of their applications.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Project engineering, engineering and design, procurement, construction, and commissioning
- FEED, feasibility studies, and consulting design
- Ground-mount and rooftop solar PV
- Grid-connected (peak shave), off-grid and off-diesel battery energy storage systems
- Innovative, cleaner energy alternatives including combined heat & power (CHP) and micro CHP