AN INTEGRATED & STRATEGIC APPROACH TO VEGETATION MAINTENANCE
Our integrated Vegetation Management Programs and Right-of-Way Maintenance Initiatives offer a collaborative approach that involves collecting vegetation data for budgeting and planning, directing the conversion from mechanical to herbicide control safely and effectively and advising on optimal right-of-way width. Our goal is to reduce maintenance costs on assets and maintain operational integrity of the system while meeting stakeholder and regulator expectations.
When it comes to operating responsibly, ATCO places a great deal of importance on the ability to implement robust environmental standards on every one of our projects. This includes maintaining stringent vegetation management practices driven by our belief in sustainable development. You can trust that our well-honed vegetation management processes are cost-effective, safe and adaptive to any environment or jurisdiction.
THE ATCO ADVANTAGE
- ATCO's Forestry group manages and oversees the electric transmission and distribution vegetation inventory surveys and customer consents for our 44-million-hectare electrical service area, as well as all vegetation maintenance activities required to manage our 75,000 km of electric power line rights of way.
- We handle the vegetation & weed management for our pipeline transmission and distribution systems throughout the 64,000 km of natural gas systems; in all, ATCO operates and maintains over 2,300 pipeline and electrical facilities across Alberta.
- The size and extent of our vegetation management program enables us to achieve significant economies of scale, giving us the ability to deliver efficiency and cost savings to our customers.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Vegetation inventory collection
- Budget management
- Treatment strategy development
- Contract development
- Work plan execution
- Contractor/stakeholder management (herbicide application)
- Regulation integration
- Wildfire prevention/hazard reduction initiatives