What is Combined Heat & Power?
Combined Heat & Power is an energy efficient technology that benefits your facility by using clean burning natural gas to generate heat and electricity.
Who can Benefit from CHP?
CHP is an ideal solution for municipal, commercial, institutional and multi-unit residential facilities that have a continual demand for power and heat, like:
- Hospitals & Nursing Homes
- Colleges & Universities
- Recreational facilities
- Multi-unit residential facilities
- Light industrial facilities
How CHP Works
The CHP process captures the excess energy that would normally be lost during power generation and uses it to provide heat, creating greater efficiencies, lowering operating costs and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
And because CHP generates electricity onsite, it provides reliable energy production and better control of the cost and supply of power now and in the future.
- Decrease energy costs by using lower cost natural gas to work with your facility's existing conventional system
- Using a turnkey approach, we will install, operate and maintain a CHP unit in eligible facilities.
Reduced Environmental Impact
- Reduce your environmental impact and lower emissions by using clean burning natural gas to generate heat & power
- Universal carbon pricing as part of Alberta’s Climate Leadership Plan will place increased pressure on municipalities and businesses to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Create greater operating efficiencies by using excess heat produced during power generation
- Protects you from fluctuating electricity costs
- Achieves up to 85% overall energy efficiency, compared to 55 per cent energy efficiency in conventional systems|
- Ensure business continuity by generating electricity on-site, providing a secure emergency power backup option
- Natural gas supply is abundant and a highly reliable fuel source