Let's Get You Connected!
Request a Natural Gas Service
Simply contact us! Call your local ATCO Gas office during regular business hours. For the office in your area, check your local telephone directory.
Edmonton: GasApplicationsEdmonton@atco.com | 780-420-7278
Calgary: GasApplicationsCalgary@atco.com | 403-254-6200
Toll-Free everywhere in Alberta: 310-5678
Be ready to provide:
- Your contact information.
- Site ID or Site location information. Have an existing service but not sure of your Site ID? Check your bill or visit Utilitynet.net to search for it.
- The type of service you require. If you need help determining this, have a look at the Reference and Technical Information on this page.
Does your business build more than 5 homes a year? Ask to be registered for our ATCO Gas Connects Self-Serve portal.
We can help!
It's our goal to get you get the natural gas service you need quickly and easily. We can help you:
- Connect a new natural gas service line
- Make an alteration to an existing line or meter
- Remove, disconnect or reconnect an existing service line
- Install a secondary line
Note: As of July 1, 2019, there is a new fee for service line disconnection. For more information, look at our service line disconnection FAQ.
YOU contact us by phone 310-5678 or visit us in person at your local office. Have your site location and service requirements handy! We'll walk through completing the Contract for Service Line form together and talk about fees, required documentation and timelines. (Please note that things like building readiness, location of the new service line and time of year can impact how quickly we can install your new service.)
WE will let you know once your contract has been approved and you have been assigned a Site ID.
YOU will use your Site ID to set up a retailer account at www.ucahelps.alberta.ca.
*Tip* The sooner your retailer sets up your account, the sooner they will notify our Natural Gas Distribution division. Please do not ask the retailer to post-date the start of your account. This can create delays.
YOU let us know your site is ready for inspection once you have set up the retailer account.
WE will inspect the site to make sure it is safe and ready for gas line installation.
YOUR heating contractor will need to have their work inspected and you must obtain a proper permit from the local governing authority. This approved permit will need to be provided to our Natural Gas Distribution division.
WE will arrange for installation of the service line once the site passes inspection.
WE will install the meter once the natural gas service line is in. Make sure you have your permit and retailer in place.
YOU enjoy your new natural gas service!
Reference & Technical Information
- Charges for Service Line Installations
Terms and Conditions
Our Customer Terms and Conditions for Natural Gas Distribution Service govern how we do business with you. It outlines your rights and obligations as a customer, and our responsibilities as your electricity delivery company.
Types of Customer Connections
- Urban single residential – single family home in a town, city or municipality.
- Multi family – condominium, apartment, town homes, row housing, duplex or similar.
- Commercial – any building intended for business or commercial use.
- Rural – not located in a town, city or municipality.
- Alteration to existing service – moving a line or a meter or changing or upgrading the current service.
- Disconnect – removing the natural gas service from the building or property.
Your Natural Gas Retailer Account
ATCO is your natural gas distributor. We are like the delivery service for your natural gas and ensure safe and reliable supply of natural gas for your site.
When you set up a new natural gas connection, you need to work with us, but you also need to choose a retailer. The retailer will be responsible for setting you up a retail account, issuing bills and collecting payment for the natural gas you use each month. If you’d like to add another name to your natural gas bill, contact your retailer directly. You can find your retailer’s phone number on your natural gas bill.
Who Can View Your Information
As part of our commitment to protecting your privacy, ATCO's Natural Gas Distribution division will only release site information to the customer named by your retailer.
If you would like to authorize someone else to access your ATCO Natural Gas Distribution information, you need to complete, sign and submit the following form:
If you are the site customer and require information to be released one time only from ATCO's Natural Gas Distribution to a third-party, please complete and return the following form: