Do you need a natural gas service line installed at your new home or commercial building? Call us and we can point you in the right direction.
What to expect:
- When you contact the Customer Assistance Centre, we will put you in touch with one of our Natural Gas Distribution offices that handles service line installations.
- An ATCO employee from that office will help you complete a Contract for Service Line form and let you know about fees and other required documentation.
- NOTE: Ask the ATCO employee about general timelines for the service line installation. Factors that can affect the installation date include when the building will be ready for gas supply, location of the new service line and time of year.
- After the contract has been approved, you will be assigned a site ID that you will need in order to set up a retailer account at www.ucahelps.alberta.ca
Tip: The sooner your retailer sets up your account, the sooner they will notify our Natural Gas Distribution division. Please do not ask the retailer to post-date the start of your account. This can create delays.
- Contact us to let us know your site is ready for inspection. We will inspect the site to make sure it is safe and ready for gas line installation.
- Your heating contractor will need to have their work inspected and obtain a proper permit from the local governing authority. This approved permit needs to be provided to our Natural Gas Distribution division.
- When the site passes inspection, we will arrange for the installation of the service line.
- Once the natural gas line is in, we can begin the meter installation process.