ATCO Indigenous Education Awards Program
Our Indigenous Education Awards Program supports students from First Nation, Métis and Inuit communities who demonstrate a balanced lifestyle and commitment in their quest for education. The Merit, Bursary, Scholarship and Bridging Awards are available to select students who demonstrate leadership capabilities and strive to be role models in their school and community.
There are four different awards available:
- Merit Awards ($750) – for students completing Grades 9 – 12
- Bursaries ($1200) – for students enrolled in trade/community technical college diploma or certificate program
- Scholarship ($1800) – for students enrolled in degree or graduate programs
- Bridging Awards ($1000) – for students registered in an upgrading program (Adult Basic Education) or University Preparation program
There is a maximum of one award per applicant per student year. Students may re-apply each year if they wish to be considered for another award.
You can apply for one of our Indigenous Education Awards if you:
- Are a Canadian Indigenous person;
- Are enrolled full time in junior/senior high school (including upgrading) or an accredited post-secondary institution or training/certificate program;
- Are not a child of an ATCO employee.
BREAKING DOWN EMPLOYMENT AND EDUCATION BARRIERS
Whether through educational support or opportunities to develop new skills in the workplace, we are proud to support our Indigenous partners. We believe that supporting education and training opportunities for Indigenous Peoples contributes to vibrant communities, creates a stronger local workforce and affords us opportunities to share experiences and learn from local expertise.