The safety and well-being of our employees, contractors and the public is paramount at ATCO. People are the core of our business. Without them, we cannot deliver essential services to those who need them. Along with physical safety, we prioritize psychological safety, our people’s mental health and well-being and work hard to ensure we are inclusive of everyone who makes up our community.
Engaging our employees creates a culture that supports innovation and drives positive change by continuously adapting and improving how we think and act, both on and off the job.
One of our goals is an injury-free workplace. Each of our divisions maintains a health and safety management system that outlines the health and safety procedures, responsibilities and requirements necessary to mitigate operational risk in our diverse industries. To improve our overall performance, our divisions regularly share learnings across the enterprise on safety management programs and processes.
As a provider of essential energy and infrastructure products and services, public safety is vital to our operations. We operate in hundreds of communities around the world, which provides us with numerous opportunities to educate customers, first responders and communities on the importance of energy safety. Public safety is not just about how we work or how we support our customers – it’s also about supporting the contractors and businesses that are critical to delivering safe and reliable products and services.
We know we must also reflect the people in our communities in our workforce. We promote and maintain a workplace culture of inclusion that values our individual differences, perspectives and backgrounds. We continue to build momentum and advance diversity, equity and inclusion through employee-led initiatives and committees, education and training, recruitment and retention strategies and internal policies.
We commit to:
- Continually monitoring, assessing and reporting on key performance indicators.
- Regularly evaluating the effectiveness of health and safety management systems and emergency response plans.
- Actively engaging with the communities we serve, municipalities, governments, first responders and our industry peers to promote the importance of safety.
- Supporting a diverse workforce that encourages a variety of perspectives.
- Fostering a safe, healthy and supportive work environment.
- Encouraging employees across our business to take the next step physically, emotionally and mentally.