How we treat people speaks volumes about who we are as an organization. Our first consideration is always safety. It is the responsibility of everyone on the worksite—whether it’s a pipeline, a lodge, a power line or in the office. We also look beyond safety, to support our people’s mental health and well-being and ensure we are inclusive of everyone who makes up our community.
A strong people culture supports innovation and drives positive change by continuously adapting and improving how we think and act, both on and off the job.
One of our goals is an injury-free workplace. Each of our divisions maintains a health and safety management system that outlines the health and safety procedures, responsibilities and requirements necessary to mitigate operational risk in our diverse industries. To improve our overall performance, our divisions regularly share learnings across the enterprise on safety management programs and processes.
As a provider of essential energy and infrastructure products and services, public safety is vital to our energy operations. We operate in hundreds of communities around the world, which provides us with numerous opportunities to educate customers, first responders and communities on the importance of energy safety.
We know we must also reflect the people in our communities in our workforce. We promote and maintain a workplace culture of inclusion that values our individual differences, perspectives and backgrounds. Through working committees, education and training initiatives, recruitment and retention strategies and internal polices, we continue to build momentum and advance diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization.
We commit to:
- Continually monitoring, assessing and reporting on key performance indicators
- Regularly evaluating the effectiveness of health and safety management systems and emergency response plans
- Actively engaging with the communities we serve, municipalities, governments, first responders and our industry peers to promote the importance of safety
- A diverse workforce that encourages a variety of perspectives
- Fostering a safe, healthy and supportive work environment
- Encouraging employees across our business to take the next step physically, emotionally and intellectually.