Northwest Calgary Connector
ATCO is proposing to install approximately 14 km of natural gas pipeline that will run along the northwest leg of Stoney Trail within the Transportation/Utility Corridor (TUC) and then along 85th Street NW from Scenic Bow Road to Township Road 261A. As well, we are going to be building four above ground facilities as part of the Northwest Calgary Connector.
Pre-construction activities have already begun, this includes surveying, environmental assessments, geotechnical work and stakeholder consultation.
- Construction: December 2020 - May 2021, weather permitting.
- Restoration: Summer/Fall 2021 weather and environmental restrictions, such as migratory birds, permitting.
Along Stoney Trail within the TUC and then along 85th Street NW from Scenic Bow Road to Township Road 261A.
What you can expect
- Residents in the area may notice an increase in construction traffic, noise associated with construction and potentially dust from the installation of the new pipeline;
- All trails, pathways and parks within the construction route will be temporarily rerouted during construction and will be reestablished in the restoration phase of the project;
- Trees will be removed as necessary in order to complete construction of the project;
- Additional precautions such as physical distancing and additional protective equipment will be worn.
Public consultation along the pipeline route started in spring of 2018. Consultants have been going door to door to speak with residents about the project and answer questions.
We hosted open houses on May 30, 2018 at Bearspaw Christian School and June 20, 2018 at Lynx Ridge Golf Course.
Door to door consultation was completed for all adjacent residents in 2018.
Construction Timeline: December 2020 - October 2021
Location: Along northwest section of Stony Trail (in the TUC), then North along 85 Street NW from Scenic Bow Road to Township Road 261A
You can stay up to date with our application by using Proceeding #24827