Join our team
From our beginnings in 1947 until today, we serve more than two million clients around the world driven by the spirit of our people. With ATCO, you join a global team committed to operational excellence, health and safety and strengthening communities where we work and live.
Senior Electrical Engineer
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for providing specialized technical support for Business Development activities, new projects and improvement projects at ATCO’s generating stations. This role is accountable to oversee and provide competent and timely electrical engineering to meet the needs of the business.
- Type of Education (or Major) Required: Electrical engineering degree
- Minimum experience: 10 years (minimum 2 years in renewable energy)
- Fields of experience desired: design, engineering, general knowledge of contracting and supervision of EPC of power plants and substations, especially in renewable plants.
- Knowledge in regulation of electric requirements for interconnection, TIC requirements, new Grid Code of CENACE, NEC 2014 for installations of photovoltaic installations.
- Specialty required: Electric Installations of Renewable power plants, photovoltaic facilities, storage and MV/HV substations (34.5/115/230 kV)
The Site Supervisor is responsible for the continuous, efficient and safe day-to-day operation of the process plant to meet production and cost targets. This position must maintain productive working relationships with the plant operations and maintenance groups. The incumbent makes decisions on maintenance and operating regimes including setting of policy and procedures as well as authorizes change management.
- Ten years heavy industry experience including progressively responsible roles in planning and organizing of work force activities or projects. Preference is for experience in cogeneration/power generation facility working with gas, turbines, HRSG’s, or large steam generation equipment along with substation operation experience.
- Proven track record in industrial plant commissioning and project management would be an asset
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of power generating facilities – specifically reciprocating engines and generators, substation, natural gas systems.
Type of Education (or Major) Required:
Graduated in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Professional.
Minimum Experience: 10 years.
The Engineer Electrical will provide electrical or I&C engineering support to an Industrial Park Generation Facility located in San Luis Potosi to ensure the long-term availability and reliability of the facilities’ electrical systems and equipment. This position will provide technical support for the operation and maintenance of the generation, distribution and transmission assets and support any future developments in the local area.
- Type of Education (or Major) Required: An Electrical Engineering degree
- A minimum of 3-4 years relevant industry experience in power generation or a comparable industry with similar equipment. An additional 2-3 years with distribution/transmission experience.
- Experience in gas fired power generation, or similar industry.
- Experience in commissioning and troubleshooting equipment including high voltage switchyard equipment, low and medium voltage equipment, protection and control systems, communication protocols, reciprocating engines and generators, instrumentation etc.