ATCO is committed to respecting the privacy of the personal data of the users with whom we interact through this website. We have developed this Website Privacy Notice to inform our users about how we collect and use their personal data.
Identity and address of the responsible entity
This privacy notice governs the processing of personal data collected through this website.
ATCO Servicios y Energía, S.A. de C.V., ATCO Pipelines, S.A de C.V., ATCO Energía, S.A de C.V., ATCO Espaciomovil, S.A.P.I. de C.V., AB Development Consulting, S.A. de C.V., Ingeniería Especializada en la Industria Energética, S.A. de C.V., ATCO-Ranman Energía SLP, S.A.P.I. de C.V., Hermes-ATCO Cogeneración Tula, S.A.P.I. de C.V., Electricidad del Golfo, S. de R.L. de C.V., Impulsora de Proyectos Hidroeléctricos, S.A.P.I. de C.V., Central de Cogeneración Hermes-ATCO S.A.P.I. de C.V., as well as any other affiliate incorporated in Mexico are part of the commercial group known as Grupo ATCO ("Grupo ATCO").
For the legal purposes established with this Notice, it is established that the company named ATCO Servicios y Energía, S.A. de C.V. (hereinafter the "Responsible Entity"), domiciled at Blvd. Manuel Ávila Camacho 40, Piso 15, Col. Lomas de Chapultepec, Delegación Miguel Hidalgo, C.P. 1100, shall be responsible for the processing of the personal data collected by Grupo ATCO in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
The Responsible Entity recognizes the importance of the legitimate, controlled and informed treatment of the personal data of users in order to guarantee their right to privacy and informational self-determination, therefore this Privacy Notice has been prepared in accordance with the provisions of the Federal Law for the Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Private Parties (the "LFPDPPP"), its Regulations and the Privacy Notice Guidelines issued by the Ministry of Economy (the "Regulations").
In terms of this Notice, the terms “Personal Data”, “Sensitive Personal Data”, “Days”, “Processing”, “Data Subject”, “Data Controller”, “Transfer”, “ARCO Rights” – “Right of Access”, “Right to Rectify”, “Right to Cancel”, “Right to Oppose”, Cookies; as well as the other elements provided in this Notice, will have the same meaning as provided in the Ordinances.
Personal data we collect and process
The Responsible Entity collects and processes the personal data indicated below: First name, last name, e-mail address, profession, position and institution where you work, if applicable, complete address, whether home or work; if applicable, landline telephone number (home or office) and/or cell phone number.
The Responsible Entity does not collect or process the following types of data:
- Sensitive personal data.
- Personal data of minors, persons in a state of interdiction or incapable. In the event that the Responsible Entity considers that personal data has been provided by a minor, an incapacitated person or a person in a state of interdiction, in contravention of this Notice, it will proceed to delete such personal data as soon as possible. If any user becomes aware that such personal data has been provided by a person under the age of 18, or by an incapacitated or interdicted person, please inform us by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data from the use of automatic capture tools, such as cookies or Web beacons on our Web site.
The personal data described in the aforementioned paragraphs of this section may be collected through the use of e-mails and/or the voluntary provision of information and personal data via our Web site.
Purposes for processing of personal data
The Responsible Entity carries out the processing of users' personal data in order to carry out activities related to and derived from any commercial and/or legal relationship that we may establish with users and that we consider primary purposes, which include:
- To provide information about our services and products;
- To confirm the identity of users and/or their legal representative;
- To establish contact with users;
- Understand and attend to the user's needs;
- Verify the information provided to us by users;
- Elaborate quotations about our products and services;
- Enforce warranties on our products and/or services;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements;
- Enable the management, administration and security of personal data, and
- Maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards of personal data in terms of the applicable legislation and regulations.
Additionally, we will process personal data for other secondary purposes, which do not result on, or are not necessary for, the legal and/or commercial relationship we may establish with users, which include the following:
1. To provide information on the organization of events;
2. To send newsletters, promotions and special offers, as well as other marketing communications and commercial prospecting about our services or products;
3. To provide communications online, by email, by telephone, via mobile device or text message (including SMS and MMS);
4. To integrate and keep our databases up to date;
5. To provide services through our Web Site; and
6. Process comments, suggestions, complaints and clarifications.
Users may opt to be excluded from the email distribution list of the Responsible Entity, as well as request not to receive telephone calls with advertising communications, promotions and/or other product offers, for which they should send an email to the following address: email@example.com.
Transfer of personal data
The Responsible Entity will not transfer your personal data to third parties, located in national territory or abroad, unless you authorize us to do so or we are in any of the cases of exception provided in article 37 of the LFPDPPP, which empowers us to transfer your personal data to comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
In accordance with the provisions of paragraph 26 of the Privacy Notice Guidelines, the transfers that the Responsible may carry out will have the following characteristics.
Receiving Third Party: Any of the ATCO Group companies.
Purposes of the transfer: Corporate management and operational support.
National or International Transfer: National and International
Requirement of Consent: No, since they are companies of the same corporate group, subject to the same processes.
Conservation of personal data
The Responsible Entity will treat the personal data of users only for the time necessary in order to comply with the purposes described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with the provisions of the applicable legal provisions.
Safeguarding of personal data
The Responsible Entity has adopted the security, administrative, technical and physical measures necessary to protect the personal data of users against damage, loss, alteration, destruction or unauthorized use, access or treatment.
Access to personal data, held by the Responsible Entity, will be limited to persons who need to have access to such information, in order to carry out the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
Procedure for exercising ARCO´s rights and revocation of consent
At any time you have the right to access, rectify and cancel your personal data (ARCO rights), as well as to oppose the processing thereof or to revoke your consent regarding the processing for certain purposes - including secondary purposes - that you have authorized at the time, either directly or through your legal representative.
Likewise, they may revoke, at any time, the consent they have given, and which is necessary for the processing of their personal data. By way of reference, the following is a description of the rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition:
• Right of Access: to be informed which of their personal data are contained in the databases of the Responsible Entity, what they are used for, the origin of such data and the communications that have been made with them.
• Right of Rectification - to have your personal data corrected or updated in case it is inaccurate or incomplete. You will have the obligation to inform the Responsible Entity of the changes that should be made to your personal data, when such changes are only of your knowledge and are attributable to you.
• Right of Cancellation - to have your personal data removed from the Responsible Entity’s database. This request will give rise to a blocking period after which the data will be deleted.
There are cases in which the cancellation will not be possible in terms of the LFPDPPP and other applicable legal provisions.
• Right of Opposition - to oppose for legitimate reasons to the processing of your personal data by the Responsible Entity. In cases where the opposition concerns the receipt of certain communications, such communications will include the option to opt out of the distribution list and stop receiving them.
If you decide to do so directly, you can edit your profile online, or submit the corresponding request using the forms that we will make available on our Web site or through our Privacy Officer via e-mail, with the information and documentation indicated below:
- Full name, address or other means - such as your e-mail address - to communicate the response to your request;
- Documents that prove your identity - simple copy in printed or electronic format of your voter's credential, passport or Visa, as applicable, or in your case, of the legal representation to your principal - simple copy in printed or electronic format of the simple power of attorney with your autograph signature, that of two witnesses and the agent, with their corresponding official identifications - voter's credential, passport or Visa);
- Copy of the documents or official identifications that prove your identity;
- Clear and precise description of the personal data with respect to which you are seeking to exercise any of the ARCO rights; and
- Any other element or document that facilitates the location of the personal data.
In the case of requests for access to personal data, the Responsible Entity will proceed with the delivery of your information, via electronic or printed means, prior accreditation of your identity or that of your legal representative, as the case may be.
In the case of requests for rectification of personal data, you must also indicate the modifications to be made and provide the documentation supporting your request.
Requests will be responded within the terms established in the LFPDPPP, its Regulations and other applicable legal provisions.
For any questions you may have regarding the protection of your personal data, as well as for the exercise of the rights granted by the Law, please contact our Personal Data Protection Officer at: Blvd Manuel Ávila Camacho 40, Piso 15, Col. Lomas de Chapultepec, Delegación Miguel Hidalgo, C.P. 110, or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Changes to the privacy notice
The Responsible Entity reserves the right to update this Notice in order to reflect changes in our data protection practices arising from our continuous improvement process, as well as legal, regulatory and administrative changes that take place. We invite you to periodically review the content of the Privacy Notice on our Web site, where we will publish the changes made along with the date of the last update.
In case there are total or partial changes or modifications, in this Privacy Notice, the updated version of the Privacy Notice will be made available through this website.
Consent for the processing of personal data
When users make use of this website and provide their personal data voluntarily, the Responsible Entity will consider that users have expressed their consent to the processing of their personal data in accordance with the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice. Users may revoke or limit their consent at any time through the procedure established in this Privacy Notice.
Last update: July, 2021