Carbon Monoxide - What you need to know
A lot of people have heard of carbon monoxide (CO) and know it's dangerous, But that's as far as it goes. CO is an invisible, silent and odourless toxic gas, often referred to as the "silent killer".
Where does CO come from?
Improperly operating natural gas appliances including:
- Hot water heater
- Gas and diesel vehicles
- Gas-powered machines
- Wood-burning fireplaces
Prevent CO in your home by:
- Have your fuel-burning appliances checked by a qualified technician regularly according to manufacturers’ specifications
- Install and regularly test your CO alarm
What are the symptoms of CO poisoning?
- Headache and dizziness
- Fatigue and weakness
- Watering and burning eyes
- Nausea and vomiting
- Loss of muscle control