IT TAKES A DISTRIBUTOR AND RETAILER TO BRING YOU GAS
The Distributor (ATCO)
ATCO's Gas Division is a distributor of natural gas, not an energy retailer. As a regulated distribution utility, we are responsible for the safe, reliable and affordable delivery of natural gas to homes, businesses, farms and institutions such as schools and hospitals.
Our delivery rates cover the costs of delivering the natural gas including:
- Providing 24-hour natural gas emergency response
- Measuring natural gas through monthly meter reading
- Submitting monthly meter readings to Retailers so they can bill customers
- Operating a call centre and other services to answer questions from customers and Retailers
- Building new infrastructure
- Relocating and upgrading natural gas pipelines and other gas distribution infrastructure to keep pace with WA's growth
In WA, you choose the energy Retailer from which you want to buy natural gas. The Retailer sells you natural gas, provides account services and bills you. More information about Retailers is available through our Accessing Gas page.