This qualification provides competencies to conduct gas supply industry activities, including installation, maintenance, fault find and repair, operations of distribution and transmission gas pipelines, cylinders and associated equipment.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
To complete ATCO Gas Australia’s courses, Job placement in the Gas supply and industry operations is a must, to enable you to complete all tasks and build on industry skills, knowledge and experience. Intermediate level of English, literacy, language and numeracy are required to successfully complete this course.
The minimum for attending ATCO Gas Australia’s Training is Long Pants, Long Sleeves shirt (Preferably Hi Visibility) Safety Boots, valid photo identification and a Unique Student Identification Number.
Contact ATCO Gas Australia Training Department for further information if required.
1) Please fill in the Enrolment Form
2) Attach it to an email to the ATCO training team on: email@example.com
Information about the course
- Work Portfolio: Shall be compiled during the duration of the training containing evidence to validate the knowledge, skills and experience has been completed.
- Direct Observation: Shall be in the form of Work place assessments, Classroom simulated and work environment situations including all required practical activities included in the course.
- Written Questions: Shall be in the form of any course assessment paperwork required to complete the course.
Duration and location
- The duration of this course is estimated to be 12 – 36 months depending on each learner’s ability and work placement situation.
- Commencing 8:00 am (registration at 7:45am) for all Training at the Jandakot training Centre
- On the job training will depend on what your job placement requirements are.
- Location – 81 Prinsep Road, Jandakot. For scheduled training centre training and assessment.
- Location – On the job training and assessment will be determined by your job placement requirements.
Post Training Requirements
- Work place assessments are required after completion of all training and will be conducted through the duration of the work placement.
- Compile a portfolio of evidence to support your progress for the duration of the course.
- Attend Workplace portfolio review meetings through the duration of the course to provide and receive feedback on progress.
- Final Capstone Assessment and final review of portfolio meeting to determine if all requirements of the qualification has been met.
Cost of the course
To provide an easier path to become qualified, the cost shall be broken into two parts, 50% on enrolment and 50% on the commencement of the second year of the course.